The time is soon.

Sharon55
Contributor

The time is soon.

After nearly 12 months my husband's Cancer has spread to many areas of his body. He is becoming weaker on some days and others he is still more like his old self. This week we have been advised that there is little time left, probably 2 months approx. I am devastated. It has been a long 12 months with many downs and not so many ups. What a journey and learning curve for all of us. After 33 years I do not know how I am going to go on without him, yet I suppose that I will. Many decisions to be made and I know that now I have to start letting people into my home for pallative care reasons. While we have been going through the different treatments, diets, natural medicines and anything else that we could come across I guess it really is only now that the harsh reality has set in. I keep wishing that I would wake up and it will all be a bad dream. Thank you to those out there that have contibuted to this forum as there have been many times that I have read an article or response and it has been so helpful to what has been going on in our lives. Keep writing everyone because you just never know when somebody will be lifted from a few well placed words.   
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
clo
Occasional Contributor

The time is soon.

hi sharon i hope u r doin ok its so hard isnt it i think of you both love clo
0 Kudos
anniem
Cancer Council NSW

The time is soon.

Hi Sharon55, All the very best to you at this challenging time. anniem
0 Kudos
Sharon55
Contributor

The time is soon.

Thanks Mags and Clo for your kind words. The reality of the situation is almost becoming overwhelming at present. Palliative Care are coming tomorrow to assess everything, while I know I need care it is also daunting. Too real to deal with at times. Take care all.
0 Kudos
clo
Occasional Contributor

The time is soon.

8 weeks  ago my husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.Cris passed away 20 days ago and im so unhappy and so lonely without him i cant stand the freedom i dont want i just want him back our 3rd daughter is 12 tomorrow she said to me she will give up all her presents for the rest of her life if she could see him and talk to him 1 more time we are so sad  its so hard
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.