hard

maddie86
Contributor

hard

im finding it hard to stop thinking about my boyfriends bowel cancer.. i think about it all day long it prevents me from being happy. I cant think about my future coz its uncertain.. im 23 and it scares me
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ness
Not applicable

Re: hard

maddie Cancer does not only consume the person diagnosed it also consumes the people that love them the most. You need to stay strong, stay positive and know in your heart that you are doing everything you possibly can to help your partner through this frightening and uncertain time. Make certain you hold nothing back and have no regrets. Talk openly about your fears and your hopes. Try and use this time as a way the two of you can become even closer, appreciate just being together and sharing life together. I wish you both lots of hope and good thoughts to help you both get through. Ness
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Re: hard

Hi Maddie, I can't imagine how awful it must be for you really young people to have to deal with this. I strugled at 50, thinking that was too young. While I am definitely on the road to recovery(also from bowel cancer), I thought only this morning of the "best" times that I spent with my husband while on treatment. As I wasn't working, we had all of his days off to spend together when I wasn't at the hospital. (He works shift, so we had days during the week without kids). The ones I remember are the short "airings" as I called them. short drives with maybe a simple picnic or even just a cuppa from a thermos. Fresh air, quiet talk and some peace were what I really needed. I'm not sure what your situation is but maybe these quiet times could be good for you both. The future is a tough one to contemplate for you both but at the moment mayb each day is what you need to consider. Take lots of care of each other. Is there someone you can talk to? If not maybe try the cancer helpline. S
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.