in need of some advice please

ronnie123
New Contributor

in need of some advice please

hi there I'm new to this so not to sure what to do or say but here I go... my partner has Ewing's sarcoma and will need a year worth of chemo and all so 6 weeks of radiation therapy we are 3 months in to the chemo and radiation is meant to start on Monday but my partner has said he has had enough and is not going to do it anymore as we open the mail today we had a bill of $2000 for the radiation and we cannot afford that by Monday we were not told about this at all we have a small amount of money saved for while he was a away rent food I said that this is more important and he just says that our 3 children are not going to go with out. dose any one know if they will still treat my partner if we can afford it
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: in need of some advice please

I had radiation and it didn't cost me anything. Is it worth speaking to the accounts dept who are doing your radiotherapy. I received a bill but it was covered by medicare. Maybe someone at the cancer council can give you some advise on this, it might be worth contacting them also. Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.