2010 a long road ahead

Mrs_Elton
Contributor

Re: 2010 a long road ahead

Hi Julie, Great to hear that Alex was able to go to work, as the other wise Julie said, "it will make things more palatable to be able to do something that is normal"!! I am also glad to hear that you were able to get him into your own Dr, that must be a huge relief for you. (I don't do/have MSN either!!, is it a WA thing Jules2 or are we (you and me)just behind the times!!!??? Take care and hope you and Alex have a good week, Jill x
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

So glad to hear that Alex is improving. My son is also named Alex and my heart tugs every time I catch up with you and your Alex. Jill and Jules, my kids use MSN (or now Facebook)- I think I am just too old and that Julie 190270 is just much more up to date! S
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

lol samex you are never too old!!!!! I did have msn but a reformat on my computer yet again means i have to download the up-to-date version to use it. Alas i just havent been bothered to do it. My reformatting is due to facebook (which i use) ... so i fear another format will be needed at some stage. lol
0 Kudos
Teacher_Mum
Contributor

Not old!!! Jules like you I am a facebook nut! 🙂 I have a Mac so MSN and it has a few issues 🙂
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Geeees, teach ... hope you forgive me if i ice you in mafia wars (thats if you play it) haha .... I am becoming "invincible" yanno (said in my bestest russian accent). Julie xo
0 Kudos
Teacher_Mum
Contributor

bah - hate the mafia wars 🙂 heheheh 🙂
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

hmm how bout castle age then? lol
0 Kudos
julie190270
Occasional Contributor

Hiya all ,Hope u had a good Australia Day ?? Well Alex should of had chemo today but his neutrophils are too low 😞 0.4... had a shot of neulasta so hopefully back on track for next week, his hair is falling in clumps now but still refuses to get it cut,he doesnt feel ill so Im hoping and praying that no nasty infection will rear its ugly head. Love and thoughts to Julie,Jill and Teach,hope u r all keeping well, talk to u all soon Juliex
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Julie Thats a shame re Alex being low in neutrophils ... hopefully that will rectify asap for him. He will do something with his hair when he is ready ... its such a big decision really. Will keep fingers and toes crossed that no infections set in. hang in there!! Julie xo
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

It is such a paradox when neutrophils are low and you can't have treatment. It happened to me twice and while you dread turning up for treatment, I was so disappointed when it was called off for a week as I just wanted it over and done with. It happened to me both times I took my laptop with me so I stopped taking it! I hope that Alex is bearing up. Samex
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.