2010 a long road ahead

larn75
Contributor

Re: 2010 a long road ahead

Oh the dreaded neutrophils. It was a panic everytime we waited for the result as T would go in2 a major funk if treatment was postponed. The last treatment they did anywsy as he kicked up such a stink. Hope all goes well for nxt time and u had a relaxing Oz day' Alana
0 Kudos
julie190270
Occasional Contributor

Well helllo lovely ppl 🙂 we have just got home after 3 days in hospital thanx to pancretitus caused by the chemo,my poor boy has had enuff already and hes only has 1 chemo,next one is sposed to be on wednesday ,his hair has nearly all fell out ,looks lilke someone has taken to him with thinning shears good thing is hes not in pain now and im cooking him a roast dinner cos thatrs wat he wants lol well better go and put the vegies on hes starving again ,got to feed him up before wednesday, take care all ,thinking of yas Julie xx
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Hi Julie (and Alex) I'm pleased that he's wanting to eat and maybe the next round won't be so bad.You're right. He has had enough and shouldn't have to deal with this but we are never sure of the hand that life deals us. Both of you hang in there. Samex
0 Kudos
julie190270
Occasional Contributor

thx samex ,ur so very right,he shaved his hair off last night and it really does suit him,Ive got vertigo today,,,wot a pain ! its a stress thing i get occasionaly, Ive had the pills so gonna try and get on with a normal day lol wateva that is ,at least its cooler here in Dubbo today , Has anyone heard from Teacher mum ? been thinkin about her lots and wondering if shes ok . Hope everyone is doin well Juliex
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Hello everyone, Yes, I am on facebook too. It is a good feeling on here when we can vent our anger on Mr & Mrs Cancer. I have just come home from my gyno oncologist appointment, he is very pleased and so am I. Next appointment to him will be this time next year, but radiation oncologist in July. It will be 3 years in July, and honestly apart from my knee problem and a few other little nigglies, I feel great. People remark on how healthy I look. Mind you, I didn't have chemo just radiation. This time next week I will be packing my bag for hospital as I have my knee replacement done on the Wednesday, but will go in on Tuesday. Keep up the good vibes and encouragement everyone. love Bev
0 Kudos
Teacher_Mum
Contributor

Hi there Im here! Thanks for asking Julie! They found a brain! Which was a relief he he! Menieres Disease by the looks of it. You are in Dubbo! I stayed in Yass over the summer holidays! Whoo-hoo! OH! and I am doing the Worlds Greatest Shave dedicated to you guys! 🙂 Yeah Im nuts - the Chemo (methotrexate) I had for a rare ectopic to save my life didnt affect my hair so what will go and do? lol Its for a good cause 🙂 as one student said "Miss you will either look really interesting or really gay, but for a good cause 🙂 "
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

That's awesome. I'm not so brave. We have a teacher at school who had very long hair and a ZZ Top beard to match who said that the hair would go if $3000 was raised. He then uppped the stakes to $5000 and he would lose the beard as well. 2 other year 12 boys joined him. For one it is an annual event - his only haircut of the year since he was 12! we had a full school assembly at lunch for the great shave and everyone was scrounging for their loose change to see the beard and hair go. At the last minute the count reached $5000 which was an awesome amount to raise and Steve did the honours himself. He kept the hair short but is systematically growing back the beard. Take it easy you guys with the vertigo and Meniere's. Samex
0 Kudos
Teacher_Mum
Contributor

Hiya - Yep we do all of that at school! The demand is that overwhelming that there wasnt any room for me he he 🙂 How brilliant is that - so many generous souls 🙂 So - I am doing one at home and I am dedicating it to you guys 🙂 xxxx
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Teach... you are a legend or you are gonna be ... lol Good onya!!
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

Hey Teach It is a sensational feeling!! I did it in 2008!!! Organised an event down at the local tavern and it was so wonderful to find how many people, mostly strangers, came out to support me, either donating, colouring or shaving their own heads. I managed to raise $3400 as an individual plus another $200 through raffles etc. Makes you realise there are still so many good people around :-) Well done you are an awesome person for doing this. I wish you well in all you endeavor to achieve. Alana xxx
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.