Any ideas on alternative therapies for my mum with stage 4 lung cancer? Please help!

Kayleemaree123
New Contributor

Any ideas on alternative therapies for my mum with stage 4 lung cancer? Please help!

my mum has been diagnosed with cancer for the 3rd time. She started with breast cancer 2 years ago and had radiation and chemo to treat it plus a mastectomy. A year later she was diagnosed with Lung cancer and she had an operation to cut out the lower lobe then chemo to “Clean up” the left over bits. 6 months later, she has really severe back pain which we have now found out to be cancer of the lung again and even in the groin. They have said Chemo wont really do much and said the pain may only be managed by really strong pain killers with a 12 month time limit to live. The Morphine they give her every 4 hours is clearly not improving her situation at all. I will do absolutely anything to make her better. Is there anything there that has been tried that can help her? I will do anything she is so special to me
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Adele
New Contributor

Re: Any ideas on alternative therapies for my mum with stage ...

Hi Kaylee- I have sent you a private message. Don't ever give up hope. There is always something to be done. Lots of love
0 Kudos
Eliza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kaylee, I'm so glad that you are looking outside of what we are told - and so importantly what we are not told by our Oncologists, of what we can do for ourselves in our battle to stay alive. The most important thing to remember is that knowledge is power. Which for me, meant spending an enormous amount of time on the internet researching all ideas on alternate treatments for cancer. And then trying to be very logical in evaluating that information. If the same ideas are put forward by many people then I assume that there is merit to them. Also talking to all the other cancer sufferers I meet about anything they may be doing outside of the conventional chemo and radiotherapy. I have stage 4 Ovarian cancer which spread to my large intestine, and had a hysterectomy and the large bowel removed. Had 8 lots of chemo, which bought my cancer markers down to 16, but what I was not told was that a spot was left on my liver. 6 months later my markers had gone to 483, and the next lot of chemo started, I've just finished another 8 rounds. My oncologist said I have a 35% chance of surviving up to 5 years. Not good enough for me, I am going to live a lot longer than that. I was lucky enough to meet some people who are practising alternate ideas which gave me the impetus to take charge of my own health - and bless the internet ! My cancer markers have been in the safe zone for the last 2 months, and my Oncologist said I was doing "extremely well" Due, I am sure, to all the things I'm doing to help myself. I am so over chemo, I want my brain - and health back, and will not have anymore chemo. Hugs and Good luck to you and your Mum and may she soon be feeling a lot better. Eliza
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi All, Those interested in the current discussion may find the following evidence-based information and online resources of particular interest: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center:(USA) Vitamin D (including D3) www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/vitamin-d Laetrile - www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/amygdalin Gerson - www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/gerson-regimen - Cancer Council New South Wales webpages: www.cancercouncil.com.au/cancer-information/complementary-therapies/ www.cancercouncil.com.au/1987/b1000/complementary-therapies-40/understanding-complementary-therapies-using-therapies/?pp=74162&cc=4233&&ct=35 - Kind regards, Felix Cancer Connections Coordinator
0 Kudos
wysewun
New Contributor

I have only just joined otherwise of course I would have answered sooner but I want everyone to look at the research on cannabis oil and cancer cure. We are denied this herbal medication because of the difficulties relating to the growing of crops but it is ok to import it under prescription by an enlightened doctor. It works...1 drop daily.....but we are kept in the dark because of the losses to chemical companies that would result . Please google it.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.