Cancer symptoms

Tracy2
New Contributor

Cancer symptoms

My father has been going through a lot of symptoms related to cancer.  We can't get a definitive diagnosis through blood tests.  I don't know if there is a specific test that's needed for this. His symptoms are:  muscular atrophy,  bringing up large amounts of yellow mucous, either large stools or frequent constipation, back pain, swollen ankles and legs, difficulty walking, rocking back and forth, face discoloration, sunken in chest and neck, extreme unexplained weight loss and seizures.  I'm thinking he's telling his doctor not to divulge the results. Can anyone give me any insight into this?  Thank you so much!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Tracy2
New Contributor

Re: Cancer symptoms

Thank you so much Karen for your love.
0 Kudos
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Cancer symptoms

Hi Tracy2,

I'm sorry to hear about your father being ill. This must be very difficult.

I can't imagine that too many people would want to speculate on what might be wrong with your Dad, simply because of the high possibility that they would be wrong. The only people that can give you any real inside into your father's health are the medical professionals.

Have you discussed with your father about going to see the doctor with him, to discuss options open to investigation?

-s

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.