Hi wife of pancreatic cancer patient

1Dog1Cat
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi wife of pancreatic cancer patient

Sorry, just realised that I posted the wrong website address - it should be: www.merrywidow.me.uk.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Kristella Very sorry to hear the news....our deepest sympathies to you and to your family...be strong!
0 Kudos
StressedOut
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rebecca I would definitely be interested in info about alternative treatments. You have a great attitude. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard when the person affected doesn't have such a positive frame of mind. Caitlin
0 Kudos
Selly
Occasional Contributor

Wow It is so good to hear I am not alone. My husband(51) has just had whipple surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from his pancreas. I am 34, we have 3 children a 7yo, 3yo & 18month old. We are waiting to hear what type of cancer it Is. We have barely been told anything which is difficult. We also had a miscarriage 1week before we found out husband had cancer. We've only been married 3weeks. To be honest I'm struggling a bit as there is so much stress and pressure surrounding us. I'm trying to remain positive though.
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Selly I had a whipple two and a half years ago and after being told I was terminal I am still around.I find that it is harder on my family than it is on me it has not all been smooth sailing but we are managing.you need to ask where was the tumor situated in the pancreas what the tumor count is doing and also is Chemo on the cards, for me I am ill but for the family to see what happens at various stages of this illness is very hard on them but the family and friends help to me has made my path much easier, I would be lost without it and appreciate everything done for me by everyone medicos included.So best wishes which ever path you take kj
0 Kudos
lost_in_another
New Contributor

Hi, my partner too has pancreatic cancer with secondary to lung. He was diagnosed in Oct 2011, had a whipples immediately after diagnosis, then in that same year Dec he started chemo - Gemcitabene for six months which basically did not do anything. His cancer markers increased and in 2012 Oct, he was told its secondary to lungs. In Feb this year, he decided to try Folfirimox 4 treatments once a fortnight over 8 weeks. This is his third treatment and he has been told that the cancer markers are dropping, but that's all we know. He has the most boring non inspiring oncologist which does not help. I don't know where your husband is regarding stages or treatments, but they need a good oncologist one who will be there to share every single moment as being a partner often does not suffice for cancer sufferers. I have found this out. It is the most difficult trying time for both and I wish you all the best. Lost in another world Karen
0 Kudos
lost_in_another
New Contributor

Hi, my partner too has pancreatic cancer with secondary to lung. He was diagnosed in Oct 2011, had a whipples immediately after diagnosis, then in that same year Dec he started chemo - Gemcitabene for six months which basically did not do anything. His cancer markers increased and in 2012 Oct, he was told its secondary to lungs. In Feb this year, he decided to try Folfirimox 4 treatments once a fortnight over 8 weeks. This is his third treatment and he has been told that the cancer markers are dropping, but that's all we know. He has the most boring non inspiring oncologist which does not help. I don't know where your husband is regarding stages or treatments, but they need a good oncologist one who will be there to share every single moment as being a partner often does not suffice for cancer sufferers. I have found this out. It is the most difficult trying time for both and I wish you all the best. Lost in another world Karen
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.