Husband may have prostate cancer

britbrit
New Contributor

Husband may have prostate cancer

Hello,

So we have only been married a month but its been a ROUGH month as he has been pushing me away and being rude, Saying things like he doesnt know if he wants to do this, he doesnt love me the same, he doesnt like coming home, he said he was only saying i love you because it made me happy.

All this month i was thinking my husband just started hating me and he just told me he may have prostate cancer( or kidney.bladder, testicular) hes not sure the doctors arent sure yet, and he admitted hes been pushing me away because he doesnt want me to know or be there for him. He even asked me today to stop being so lovey.

Is this normal? I feel heartbroken because of the words he has said but if this is just his coping I understand and of course am not going anywhere.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Husband may have prostate cancer

Wow Britbrit,
That is a rough month to say the least. I'm very sorry you've had such a terrible time, and it does sound like it's his way of coping and trying to protect you. But he's going to need you now more than ever. Once he realises you're in it for the long haul, hopefully he'll change his attitude and stop pushing you away.
Welcome to this site, I hope it can provide some assistance and comfort to you. I wish you all the best.

Budgie
britbrit
New Contributor

Do you really think a person would go to those extremes, he is saying getting married was a mistake. he doesnt want to spend time with me, doesnt say i love you anymore. Has completely shut me out but i ask if its just because of his health and he says no its us not my health

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

I can’t see why he would go through with getting married if he didn’t/doesn’t love you.

It might be a good idea for you to see or talk to someone who can give you proper advice on how to handle your husband’s attitude. The situation you are in is not a good place to be.
0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Hi @britbrit,

I just wanted to check in with you and see how you're going? 

Hoping all is well! Heart

Kate

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.