Immunotherapy

SimonMor
New Contributor

Immunotherapy

A year ago my Mum (age 62) was diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC (Pancoast Tumor). 
She has gone through Chemo and Radiotherapy which seemed to slow things down but to no massive effect. 
So she is now undergoing Immunotherapy treatment.  It seems to have improved her general wellbeing somewhat (also the pain management is working better now) but we await the next scans (end of the month) to reveal how much effect its really having on the tumor.

I was wondering if anyone else has any experience they could share regarding Immunotherapy?
Has it been effective?  Has it helped?  What should we expect?

Many thanks (also big thanks to the Cancer Council for this fantastic service).

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Immunotherapy

Hi @SimonMor and welcome!

We have an information booklet, understanding immunotherapy, that might be a good place to start.

There are definitely other members here who have undergone or are undergoing immunotherapy, or have family members that are. The search option up the top is a good way to find them.

Has anyone else had any experiences with immunotherapy or are currently undergoing such and can assist SimonMor?

@SimonMor, are you your mum's carer? Reason I ask, we have a telephone based support group for carers that meets twice a month, it's free and runs nationally out of our Sydney office. This might be of interest to you perhaps.

0 Kudos
SimonMor
New Contributor

Re: Immunotherapy

Thanks so much Kate.  I'll look into that booklet.

I wouldn't say I'm my Mums primary carer no, just a family member.  But great to know the support group is there should we need it.

Thanks for the response and support.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.