Loved one with Small Cell Lung Cancer tested positive to Influenza

Lostgirl
Occasional Visitor

Loved one with Small Cell Lung Cancer tested positive to Influenza

My loved one has just had their 6th round of chemo for small cell lung cancer extensive disease. They fell ill a few days ago and yesterday experience high temps, shivers and was slightly delirious. Took them to emergency and they were admitted straight away, bloods taken and they have tested positive to influenza. They have only left the house three times this last week for their chemo treatments so I'm thinking they've picked it up at the hospital.

Im wondering if this will affect his ongoing treatment? How long they generally keep them in hospital once they contract influenza? They are due for more scans soon. With possible further rounds of chemo in approx two weeks. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Loved one with Small Cell Lung Cancer tested positive to Influenza

Hi Lostgirl,

Thanks for joining the Online Community. I sent you a private welcome message earlier, but thought it might be helpful to post some resources here. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to your questions about influenza and chemotherapy, but these links might be helpful if you could use some general resources on lung cancer and chemotherapy. 

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/lung-cancer/

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/cancer-information/cancer-treatment/chemotherapy/

Hopefully another community member may have had some direct experience with your question, or alternatively you might like to speak with one of the Cancer Council health professionals by calling 13 11 20, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Take care,

Margaret, Online Community admin team

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.