Lungh and breast cancer

RODMD
New Contributor

Lungh and breast cancer

My mother is a 55-year-old woman with a history of mandibular osteosarcoma treated since 93 by surgery (hemimandibulectomy) radiotherapy (55 gray) and methotrexate-based chemotherapy followed by a failed free fibula transplant attempt. Recently (at the end of 2018) she suffered from an excruciating dry cough, which was resistant to conventional bronchitis treatments.

She consulted a pulmonologist who asked her for a chest CT scan and some tests to be done. The CT revealed a peripheral parenchymal tumor mass of the ventral segment of the culmen with pleural and scissural effusion of low abundance of left lateral adenotracheal adhesenomegalies, medial subcenterinal and left hilar mediastinal chain. CT biopsy yielded a primitive Adhenocarcinoma of the predominantly ascending lung.

The petscan has shown in addition to that a contralateral lateral contralateral adenopathy (right) which eliminates the surgery at this stage (stage 3B). But also showed a hyper metabolic focus right breast. The mammo echo confirmed the presence of two foci within the right breast is an internal hamartoma of 5 cm seat of a suspicious mass macrolobulated and the other pre-orolar external centimetric suspect too. The examination is classified as BIRAD 5.

The biopsy is done on the field and the primary results showed that both masses are carcinomatous pending immunohistochemistry which should be ready in two days.

I am a dental surgeon and I know that the prognosis is a little dark but I try to have more ideas on what to do.

I thank you in advance for your help and support.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Lungh and breast cancer

Hi @RODMD,

How's your mother doing today?  I am curious to know if you got the results of the immunohistochemistry back?

We have some handy resources on Lung and Breast cancer that you may find useful.

-Kate

Cancer Council Online Community Manager

0 Kudos
RODMD
New Contributor

Re: Lungh and breast cancer

We got the results it's a another cancer, a breast adenocarcinoma..  The doctors are having some probem staging the two cancers so they can start the treatement.. It's so complicated we don't now yet if we can start by the beast surgery or lung chemo which is different from the breast chemo.. 

Right now my mum is living with 2 cancers and no treatement... 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.