Metastatic adenocarcinoma

rissamissa1234
New Contributor

Metastatic adenocarcinoma

Hey everyone I’m new here but my mom has recently been diagnosed with cancer. she had two biopsies done one in her breast and one in her lymph node underneath her armpit area. The one in her breast came back stage 0 breast cancer but the one in her lymph node came back metastatic adenocarcinoma. Last night we had to call 911 because her head felt swollen she couldn’t open her eyes and was slurring her words. They did a ct scan of her chest and brain with contrast and all they found was inflammation in her sinuses so they assume sinus infection. Everything else was good. Her CBC was normal except wbc count was 17. How can someone have cancer and everything look visually ok. How?! We go tomorrow again to moffitt for more testing and to speak with her surgeon. Has anyone also experience metastatic adenocarcinoma in the lymph nodes? But her breast cancer hasn’t spread makes absolute no sense and I just want answers. It’s so hard 😢

3 REPLIES 3
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Metastatic adenocarcinoma

Hi rissamissa1234,

I would be seeking a second opinion, just to make sure. It certainly wouldn't hurt.
I hope your mother gets some clarification & the diagnosis she needs.
All the best.

Budgie
0 Kudos
rissamissa1234
New Contributor

She does not want to go anywhere else. Moffitt cancer center is her choice and I have to respect that. We couldn’t make it to the appointment today she ended up having the same pain in her head and when arriving at moffitt today they took her to hospital in an ambulance. They did more testing and nothing in head just a sinus infection but her wbc count was 20 today. 

Budgie
Super Contributor

Fair enough, if she doesn't want another opinion. As you say, it's her choice. Her wbc is extremely low. How are they treating the sinus infection? I hope they get it under control for her soon.

Budgie
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.