My wife has received an ultrasound result with 95% chance of malignancy

AdamjEdgar

My wife has received an ultrasound result with 95% chance of malignancy

Hi guys, 

I am new here and am seeking help to understand my wifes ultrasound report...from a few days ago.

Is someone able to breakdown/explain the report findings below in easy to understand language?

Report Findings

1. Mammogram

Right Breast

BI-RADS average VBD% is 13.9%

The distribution of the fibroglandular tissue is essentially symmetric when the two skies are compared. On the right MLO tomosynthesis, the bowel and 11 mm mass is seen containing a few striations. No abnormality noted in the left side.

There are no malignant microcalcifications

2. Ultrasound

7/4 hypoechoic spiculated mass with disruption of the surrounding planes surround by an echogenic rind. This mass measures 13x12x11 mm and is taller than wide. No increased vascularity.

A round level 1 right axillary lymph node is seen with loss of fatty hilum. The level 2 and level 3 lymph nodes are normal.

Conclusion

spiculated mass right breast 7/4 is highly suggestive for malignancy. There is also in* abnormal level 1 lymph node at the ipsilateral axilla.

* ("in" is this a spelling mistake or intentional?) 

1 REPLY 1
sch
Super Contributor

Re: My wife has received an ultrasound result with 95% chance of malignancy

Hi @AdamjEdgar ,

Unfortunately I don't have any medical training.

You can google or use bing or any other search engine to look up the meaning of words, but just be aware that you might be not be fully understanding due to context.

I'd recommend going to see your GP or another medical expert for an explanation of the results.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.