Stage 4 Glioblastoma

trcy
Occasional Contributor

Stage 4 Glioblastoma

My mum was diagnosed with stage 4 Glioblastoma back in September last year. She has completed her 6 weeks of radiation and chemo and has now just started on her larger dose of chemo which is 5 days on and 3 weeks off. She got weaned of her Dex steroids but has deteriorated since coming off them. She has slurred speech, no balance and is sleeping all the time. 

6 REPLIES 6
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Stage 4 Glioblastoma

Afternoon @trcy and welcome to the Online Community!

How is your mum doing this week?

Cheers,

Kate

0 Kudos
trcy
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately the treatment hasn't worked and she may only have months to live.

0 Kudos
fajarakhlaq
Occasional Visitor

I have a stage 4 GBM just got diagnosed last month how did your mum went through it?
0 Kudos
trcy
Occasional Contributor

My mum has been positive through most of her journey. Unfortunately despite surgery to try and remove some of the tumor and radiation and chemo her  most recent MRI has shown that the tumor has returned and hasn't responded to the treatment.  Her prognosis is now only months to live. She is on anti seizure medication and is trying maintance chemo. I encourage you to stay positive and make sure you have supportive friends and family around you. I won't lie and say that it is easy but take each day one at a time. There will be times you will feel overwhelmed and exhausted. I wish you all the best for your journey.

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi trcy,
There's not much anyone can say to you when someone you love dearly is close to death. Nothing that will make any difference in the outcome of things, anyway, but I would just like you to know that I'm thinking of you & your mother. I hope she has the easiest & most enjoyable time that she possibly can, given her situation. Please accept my best wishes.🕊
Budgie
0 Kudos
KaceJax
Contributor

a life well spent brings happy death so manage your time ❤️

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.