deja vous memories

powerbilt
Not applicable

deja vous memories

Apart from all the known side effects of Chemo, my mother in law is undergoing Chemo for small cell cancer and has SAIDH and maybe paraneoplastic syndrome as well, apart from all that, her most frustrating problem is deja vous- especially with the TV. she can see what has happened upto 40 times. IE i have seen this story on the news before. she di have a fall in hospital where she cracked her skull open- scan reveled no injury. my question is, could this be related to the drugs/cancer, or has anybody had similar experiences and or resolution.....
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
margc
Occasional Contributor

Re: deja vous memories

QUICK GET THE LOTTO NUMBERS BEFORE SHE LOSES THIS GIFT, LOL. SORRY TO MAKE LIGHT OUT OF A TOUGH SITUATION BUT SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO HAVE A GIGGLE, HOPE SHE IMPROVES AND ALL IS WELL. TAKE CARE
0 Kudos
frangipani
Occasional Contributor

Hi Margc Luv your attitude. Laughter is definately the best medicine. You know when I had my mastectomy, I was devastated. My husband of 35 years said that he will call me "one tit" he said to laugh and the world will laugh with you. cry and .......... so here i am - making a joke of everything and I have just completed my chemo feeling proud that I was the few chosen one........ Good luck Dear.
0 Kudos
WishingStar
Contributor

Hi Powerbit, as a brain tumour sufferer, that has since developed epilepsy, it could be possible that the deja vous is a type of seizure as a result of the fall - perhaps a referral to a neurologist for an eeg could help to rule this out - or stop other epilepsy type symptoms progressing to the point where your mother in law has a grand mal seizure and loses her drivers licence/independance etc etc etc. I know these type of symptoms can really question ones sanity and ask questions about 'ones place in the universe' etc etc - they are definately not funny!!! - you think you have lost the plot and you dont need it on top of dealing with the normal feelings of dealing with a cancer diagnosis and treatment! A clear ct scan / MRI etc cannot rule out epilepsy! hope this helps, Nicole
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Powerbilt, Deja Vous can be related to the presence of Sezuire,due to Epilipsy or Brain Swell, although some may experience only small symtoms such as metal taste to Deja Vous I would seek an MrI , maybe some swelling after the Chemo or the fall.An eeg would rule out any Epilepsy. Stacy
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.