hello new member

mumjoanne
Not applicable

hello new member

mother of adult son with leukemia like others trying to help loved one need info on what to do say expect to help and not make things worse. no treatment yet. white cell count up - 205,000 given penicillin for sore throat developed terrible itch all over body obviously should not have been given penicillin. This rash has occurred in others who do not have cancer. No remedy has worked. where do people go, what do they do when medical 'help' has caused further problem ?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
exhausted
Contributor

Re: hello new member

Hi Joanne so glad you have found this site to connect with others who understand your feelings. Can't help with any of your questions as our battle is quite differant. But i'm sure someone with a similiar journey will join in. My best bit of advice is ask lots of questions and if you don't get answers you understand ask more maybe from a diff source. Have you got contact with a cancer nurse. you could ring the cancer helpline to gain lots of diff kinds of info. Good luck with it all. Terese.
0 Kudos
exhausted
Contributor

Hi Joanne so glad you have found this site to connect with others who understand your feelings. Can't help with any of your questions as our battle is quite differant. But i'm sure someone with a similiar journey will join in. My best bit of advice is ask lots of questions and if you don't get answers you understand ask more maybe from a diff source. Have you got contact with a cancer nurse. you could ring the cancer helpline to gain lots of diff kinds of info. Good luck with it all. Terese.
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

hi there how old is your son? im sorry to hear of his diagnosis, but i can try and give you some tips if youd like.. my boyfriend is in his twenties battling cancer and its no easy pill to swallow.. weve had good days and bad days, he used to get angry a whole lot especially in chemo but he's much better now.. my best advice is to try not to take anything personally with him, thats if he is angry or getting snappy at you.. i agree with the above comment as to ask as many questions possible, you will feel more at ease knowing more information.. take care xo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.