identical twin with cancer

tryingtohelp
New Contributor

identical twin with cancer

Hello, I'm hoping to find someone who has been through a similar experience with twins. My husband (37) is an identical twin, and his brother has stage 4 metastatic melanoma. We've recently been informed his situation is terminal. Identical twins have an incredible bond, and as you can imagine, this news is unfathomable for my husband. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation, I thought it might be helpful to speak to a twin who has gone through this, or is going through this.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: identical twin with cancer

Hi @tryingtohelp and welcome to the Online Community,

So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's diagnosis.

I haven't had any experience personally with twins and cancer, but I do have twin brothers, so am very much aware of the incredible bonds twins have with each other. Has anyone here had experience with twins and cancer that could offer some insight?

Here are some resources that might assist yourself and your husband:

The above are ebooks (pdf format) put out by Cancer Council to assist people with cancer, their families and friends. The Emotions and Cancer book especially might be worth looking at, I know it's a difficult time Heart

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.