Living Funeral or a Celebration of Life.

PeterK
Contributor

Living Funeral or a Celebration of Life.

Hi

Such an amazingly cherished and contented day was celebrated yesterday with loving  family and friends as I had a “ Living Funeral”. ‘

So why a living funeral, well it’s more about a celebration of life, it’s a way of me giving back,  it’s a way of thanking all those beautiful people who have impacted and contributed to our relationship throughout the years, the recognition that they truly deserve as i can’t do that when I am dead.

It’s not for everyone I can accept that, but what is important to me is knowing that I made the opportunity and the connection and I can now rest knowing that I had said what my heart wanted to convey, to those who are near & dear to me.

There was reflection, memories, joy, peace and some sadness, but above all LOVE.

LoL 💙 💙 Peter 💙 💙

6 REPLIES 6
Tam007
New Contributor

Re: Living Funeral or a Celebration of Life.

I m currently battling stage 4 cancer and love this idea 

0 Kudos
PeterK
Contributor

Hi Tom 007
Initially against the idea but it was a tribute back to family and family and friends and I couldn’t have wished for a more special day. Very Contented. 💙💙💙
0 Kudos
KaceJax
Contributor

Oh my! You're so brave to do your living funeral. I can't imagine myself having one but, I know it feels good because you will be able to see who truly cares for you. Such a brave act. 

0 Kudos
ActuariesDiseas
Contributor

That's an awesome idea! I watched one movie where the guy watched his own funeral and by doing so, he discovered that his girlfriend is cheating him. Anyway, just sharing but, I forgot the title of the movie.

0 Kudos
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Do let us know if you remember the title of the movie. I have after life on my mind but, it seems this is not the movie you refer to. 

I want to get ideas on how to do this alive funeral but, I'm not sure if I'm going to add this on my bucket list. I'm not that brave like you do, man. 

0 Kudos
Caz1
New Contributor

Hi Peter, 

I am so pleased to read that your special day was all you hoped it would be. 😍

I am planning a major 60th birthday party for myself , which is really a chance for me, my family and friends to all get together one more time before I'm no longer here.  I didn't want to have them all get together and share all the fun times, achievements, memories, disappointment, love and laughs without me. There will be lots of guests, food, music, dancing, love , laughter and an sprinkling of sadness, but that's ok because that's what life is made up with.

I think, its a lot like a living funeral . 

Cheers for now Caz1 xx

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.