Living with Terminal Pancreatic Cancer

Nicko
Occasional Contributor

Living with Terminal Pancreatic Cancer

I have been fighting Pancreatic Cancer for 2 years now, I had my spleen removed, my Pancreas and stomach  lymph nodes removed,  in early December I was advised that the cancer cell they left behind that was .25 of a mm has metastasized into my stomach, kidney and lungs.

I was advised at the same time that I am now terminal and have six to 9 months left.

I started doing Chemo again and spent 5 1/2 hours in the chair and wearing a pump home for 2 days, I had 2 weeks off and start Chemo again on Tuesday. Great 2020 starting like the last 2 years.

8 REPLIES 8
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Living with Terminal Pancreatic Cancer

Hi Nicko,

I am so sorry to hear this.

Do you have family and friends with you?

It sounds like you are receiving FOLFOX chemo (this is the same as I had).

How much of a difference will the chemo make, or is that unknown?

Did you do chemo 2 years ago too?

-sch

kj
Super Contributor

Nicko sorry to read this,I hope that you have  support from family and friends,are you on the Abraxane combination,I have had friends pass from this horrible cancer,

Its very hard emotionally to process a terminal  diagnosis,and then have to deal with the physical aspects that come with it.

Nicko
Occasional Contributor

Yes I started chemo just after my first surgery and have had 3 rounds of chemo and 1 round of radiation, I have started another round of oxaliplatin before Xmas, 5 1/2 hours in the chair and am now sitting in the chair doing another round today.

Nicko
Occasional Contributor

Please see my reply above
0 Kudos
Nicko
Occasional Contributor

Hi again again, yes I had surgery  initially and then onto chemo, surgery, chemo and radiation, surgery, and now I do 5 1/2 hours in the chair receiving oxaliplatin and irinotecan via drip, then I wear a pump home with flourouracil for 2 days, I then have a week or two off then start all over again, this is treatment 2 of 6 treatments.

0 Kudos
Nicko
Occasional Contributor

Yes it is very hard to say to your children, family and grand children that you do not have much time, but as can been seen in my last post we are throwing everything at it, you just got to keep up the good fight and hope for the best, but at the same time accept it for what it is and keep moving on.

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Nicko,

Just wanted to see how you are doing now.

How are you?

How is treatment going?

-sch

Nicko
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I am currently doing chemotherapy at icon each fortnight and wear a pump home for 2 days, been sick from the chemo then I am ok about a week later, then I start my 4th round, I have 2 more rounds to do in the this cycle and then I do another scan. My CA 19.9 markers are down, so that's a good thing. All good.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.