We all have to face the end. What do you think happens ?

Angel_B
Occasional Contributor

Re: We all have to face the end. What do you think happens ?

I won the cancer lottery and have 2 separate primaries - esophageal and soft palate.

I finished my treatment (35 x radiation and 2 x chemo) in early August and am currently struggling with swallowing and trying to eat again and am awaiting a PET scan to see if treatment has worked.

I'm therefore thinking about what will happen if the treatment hasn't worked and there's nothing else to be offered.

Anyway on topic, I'm not a very spiritual person and lean toward the 'we are just meat suits' theory and upon death it's just the big sleep.

However I find myself watching TV and thinking 'Next time round, I'm going to have beautiful teeth like her/him' (I have awful teeth). So something inside me obviously instinctively believes there is something after.

sch
Super Contributor

Hi,

I'd offer you my congratulations on winning the lottery, but it doesn't seem to be a prize that anyone wants to receive.

I was raised agnostic, although I did go to a catholic school, so that has maybe influenced me.

After coming through all the surgeries that I've had, I'm less sure than ever about what will happen when I pass away. I used to be so sure there was nothing, but now I'm not so certain.

I wish I could peer around the corner and have a look to find out.

-s

CaptainAustrali
Super Contributor

I know that if there is something more, entering that state will probably trivialise our previous day-to-day secular concerns.  (Or render us forgetful of them as we transition to something new).

If it isn't just blackness - like a dreamless sleep - and if anybody reading this DOES find some kind of link remaining into the physical world, it would be a massive massive favour if you could muster the energy needed to come here and post a brief message like "I died yesterday, but I'm still .. something .. but I feel myself fading, stretching .. forgetting who I was.. it's a little like alzheimers .. I don't know if I'll be able to post again.  Goodbye"

Bring a whole new dimension to the phrase:  Ghost in the Machine

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.