Difficulty Moving On.

MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Difficulty Moving On.

Losing someone can cause emotional crisis and I guess I'm undergoing that emotions right now.

I'm having a hard time eating, sleeping and focusing. I just tend to stay in my bed most of the time. I feel like having mental illness due to over thinking, maybe. I want to free now myself, how did you manage these difficulties? 

7 REPLIES 7
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Difficulty Moving On.

Hi MyheroCoolSpy,

Perhaps you should seek some counselling? It never hurts to talk about things. 🙂
Get out in the sunshine & take a walk through a park, do some colouring-in (I love doing this - its so relaxing) or take up a hobby.

Take care of yourself.

Budgie
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Maybe that would help - doing some hobbies to lighten up things. But I find it a bit hard especially when things began to cloud my mind. I feel like I am drowning with loneliness. 

Have you tried counselling? How was it?

Budgie
Super Contributor

My husband was a counsellor so we talk all the time, & it helps alot.    I hope you can get some relief.   Take care.

Budgie

0 Kudos
KaceJax
Contributor

I have tried to talk to a counselor but instead of understanding how I feel, all she does is talk theoretically. I am not sure if that is the process. I did not feel good, honestly.. My friend suggested to try another one who is really emphatic about what his clients need. 

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi @KaceJax ,

I agree with your friend.  If you're not getting anything from this one, it's no use continuing with her.  I hope you find someone to help.  You know,  even talking with your friend can be of great help... if they are willing to talk about all the ups & downs.  

Take care

Budgie 

0 Kudos
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Is your friend still seeing her therapist? How did it go for the second time?

0 Kudos
DarthPeppy
Occasional Contributor

My father died in our house in '89 when I was 21, and that crushed me; one of my friends died from ovarian cancer in 1988, and things started to fall down on me; I had by then been on antidepressants since 1993, and had come close many times to killing myself. My mother helped me greatly, as did (strangely) watching "Star trek: The Next generation", Anime,  and "Red Dwarf".

Come 2005 and my sister in England committed suicide, and my brother recently out of prison used to assault and belittle me and my mother. He has since died from pancreatic cancer, you think it would be a relief, but I am sadly empty.

For the last half decade I am my sole carer for my mother now that she has Parkinsons' disease, and I am mostly run off my feet trying to hold down a job and care for her as well. 

And of course, they just confirmed that I have CLL...

But I still have a purpose, and that is to look after my mother as long as she lives, as she took care of me in my darkest depression.

Find something outside yourself to strive for and  look forward to, even if it is to just live for others; this is what keeps me going. 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.