Lost my Dad

Stirlz
New Contributor

Lost my Dad

I lost my Dad on the 17th of August 2021. It’s been two months now and I’m still a wreck. It comes in waves, but his birthday is coming soon and I know I’m going to be a wreck. I’m 26 about to turn 27 and I feel so lost. There was still so much I needed to learn from him, but I never got the chance. I was always so scared because he told me all about his Dad and how he loved children, and how if he was alive when I was he would have spoilt me. It was my biggest fear that he wouldn’t see my kids, and it became a reality. He was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lymphoma two years ago. He fought it, beat it, and four months later it came back again. Because of the lockdown, I couldn’t even see him much. Can anyone give me some advice in healing? I find myself struggling to sleep at night, and keep looking at photos of him. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
LindaG
Contributor

Re: Lost my Dad

Hi Stirlz, so sorry your dad had gone. There’s no rush to stop grieving so soon.  I lost my mum a year ago and it’s still so hard without her. I don’t cry as much anymore but I miss her every day. When you say goodbye to a wonderful parent it’s just so hard. It’s the cost of loving 💕. You’ll be ok, let yourself grieve. I hope you have people around you to give you hugs and support. Xx Linda G 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.