Lost my sister to ovarian cancer

Samira
Regular Visitor

Lost my sister to ovarian cancer

I just lost my sister 2 days ago to ovarian cancer stage 3. She was gone in 8 months she fought until the end and we all thought she was going to get through. Today I am devastated she was more than a big sister to me she was my confident my best friend my second mom. I have not seen her in 5 years because she lives in France with my whole family. I can not believe she is gone. I cry all day and all night. I do not know how to go through this. My husband is worried I refuse to eat I do not sleep and I just stay in bed. I am angry sad all those feelings I can not control. Its painful my heart hurts. I hope I will see her again one day.

2 REPLIES 2
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Lost my sister to ovarian cancer

Hi Samira,

I'm very sorry for your loss.  I know it is devastating & very hard to move forward, but you must.  I lost my eldest sister to breast cancer in 2004, November 28.  She was a wonderful person & I  miss her dearly. 

Everyone grieves in a different way, & for a different amount of time.  If you find yourself unable to cope, you should, perhaps, see a counsellor.

It's not easy, but you must move forward.   Your sister wouldn't want you to be wasting away, she would want you to get on with living your life, with your husband & other family.

Please take care

Budgie 

BJO67
Contributor

Re: Lost my sister to ovarian cancer

Love and healing to you

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.