My beautiful mum has gone to heaven

LozCat
New Contributor

My beautiful mum has gone to heaven

Yesterday has got to have been the worse day. We knew it was coming, mum was restless and feeling so unwell. She pushed us away until just before she left this world. She only wanted my dad to be around when she left. I missed her by a maybe 30 minutes. But I spoke to her in the morning, we told each other we loved each other. But the pain in my heart it’s overwhelming, I feel so empty. My mum, my mum is gone. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: My beautiful mum has gone to heaven

Oh Lozcat, I’m so, so sorry you’ve lost your mum😢. I can feel your heartache and can understand your pain, having lost my beautiful mum almost 2 years ago. Sending you lots of prayers and love 🙏💕. Linda G 

LozCat
New Contributor

Does it get easier Linda? All I do is cry, I wouldn’t want her to be in this world the way she was. But gosh I didn’t want to imagine it without her either. She was only 54. I am 29, all I wanted was for her to see my babies and live this life to her fullest. Cancer stole that from her, it’s just so unfair that she had to suffer. It stole her smile and cheekiness. But yesterday I swear I felt her with me, I felt her in my heart - a warmth. I know she will be with me always. 

0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi Lozcat, you’re so young and your mum was so young. Such a terrible loss for you. I’m a lot older and so was mum when she died but I still feel like a little kid who just wants her mum😢. I don’t cry as much anymore but the space she had in my heart just aches for her. Be kind to yourself and just take all the time you need to move through the grief. Love and prayers to you 🙏💕 Linda 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.