Sudden diagnosis

Karen70
New Contributor

Sudden diagnosis

My beautiful husband of 32 years was only 56 years old. He was diagnosed with Stage 4 small cell carcinoma of the lung which had metastasised to his liver and adrenal glands on the 7th March 2024, he heartbreakingly passed away on the 27th April 2024. We have 4 beautiful children and 3 precious grandchildren, they are now what I live for, but I'm finding it so hard, I miss him so much, the pain is unbearable at times. I had not had time to process the diagnosis an now he is gone🥹

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Sudden diagnosis

Hi Karen70, I’m so, so sorry that you have lost your beloved husband in such a short amount of time 😢. I lost a very dear friend a few years ago very quickly. From diagnosis to her death was 10 weeks. I feel such empathy for you, and I’m glad you are surrounded by love from your family. It doesn’t make up for the loss of your husband tho😢. Just sending you love and prayers. 🙏💕. LindaG 

0 Kudos
Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Re: Sudden diagnosis

Hi Karen70,

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's passing and the pain you're going through. It sounds like a really rough time as you navigate through all of this. It's heartbreaking that you, the family ,and your husband had to experience this.

When you're ready, or if you need some additional support, you're welcome to call our 13 11 20 line and get a counselling support referral with one of our counsellors.

We're here if you need us.

Ashley from Cancer Council

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.