Widowed

champton
Occasional Contributor

Widowed

I am new here . And My husband passed away unexpectedly from cancer 3 months ago he was in remission for 6 yrs and my whole life has been turned upside down we were married for 35yrs and my life has been turned upside 

Down I feel so alone And disorientated I miss him so much my life seems so empty now he was my soul mate feels like half of me died with him

how do I adapt to life without him ??

3 REPLIES 3
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Widowed

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband.

It must be so difficult to lose someone so suddenly that has been such a big part of your life for so long.

You've been married for almost as long as I've been alive. I can only imagine how difficult that is for you.

Do you have much family near by to talk about him with?

Sending my love.

-s

champton
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for yr support and caring 

yes it is very difficult  I  just feel so lost 

and disorientated all of a sudden I have lost my soul mate I don’t  know How to live life without him we were together for such a long time 

yes I have family and a close network of friends but they can only do so

much they can’t take away the unbearable pain and grief 

I just wasn’t ready to loose him 

CMS2020
Occasional Contributor

Please look up also Grief/Bereavement Counselors in your region, they could really help you. 

And if you feel like you're needing more mental health support, also ask counselors if there are any 12-Stop Social or Mutual Support Groups that can help you out. 

Meetup.com may also provide links to support groups for you.  I've found many on there. 

Best wishes - CMS

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.