losing a friend

margro
Frequent Contributor

losing a friend

Hi guys,I'm feeling sad tonight,just heard I lost another friend to cancer and I was wondering if anyone had some way they cope when this happens? I think ,since my diagnosis,any death from cancer hits doubly hard,but,it's something that is in the back of my mind all the time. Am I the only one?Even with a good outcome,I still worry about every blood test etc.Does that ever go away? As you may have gathered I am normally very positive,but,it's hard to stay positive at times when things like this happen
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mazza
Occasional Contributor

losing a friend

Hi! Margo. So sorry for the loss of your friend. If you are so inclined I find a prayer and thoughts of the person pre cancer helps. Everyone is different. Yes since diagnosis whoever dies of cancer hits hard. Athough we are clear, we daily with a reminder of where we have been e.g diet and lack of strength etc. Staying positive is hard, but, would the person who died want us to be sad? Perhaps you can dedicate a training walk or walks to your friend. cheers mazza
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

losing a friend

Hi Mazza, thank you,I appreciate your thoughts.I have said a prayer!I think what hit me the most was the fact my friend helped me so much when I was crook and you hope they too will recover!At least he is now at peace. I think guilt sometimes plays a part as well,I'm still here but he isn't......dumb hey?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.