23 year old with Hodgkin's Lymphoma looking for supports online

jerintom10
New Contributor

23 year old with Hodgkin's Lymphoma looking for supports online

Hello, 

I am 23 years old with Hodgkin's lymphoma. I have completed 4 chemos, and one surgery remove nodes. Im new to this site. I was wanting to connect with people with the same condition and see there experiences, its also difficult as Im not in contact with any young people and want someone to relate . I am open and happy to have anyone of any age and any condition to talk to, its not exclusive, and would just like to hear of others experiences.thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Marcus
Occasional Contributor

Re: 23 year old with Hodgkin's Lymphoma looking for supports online

Hi. 

My name is Marcus 

We never know what is orotund the corner. Who would of thought at 23 you would be diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma, a real shock to the system. Both physically and mentally just trying to get your head around it all. 

A real kick in the guts. 

I was 43 when I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006 I had Chemo followed by radiotherapy. I have been Cancer free for 11 years now. 

. I remember feeling shocked and just pure disbelief 

Also feeling it was a fight I would fight and come out the other side. 

One step one day at a time

If there is anything I can help you with please let me Know. 

Be kind to yourself

cheers

Marcus

Jtailsen
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

Just after Christmas in 2018 I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I am also 23 years old. As of this post I have finished two chemo treatments (hooray)! Only five more months to go! 🙂 I realize that as I am posting this almost a year after yours that you may be done with treatment. Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all the best and I hope you kicked cancers butt!! 

jerintom10
New Contributor

Thanks for the support friends. It's been a year since I was diagnosed with cancer. After 12 chemoes and radiation I am all fit and went back to my daily life . During my cancer period I got worried so much, thus my post here .I hoped for someone with similar experience for support. The community wasn't active then. I wish it was. But anyhow I kicked cancer out of my body. Now let's join together if it's possible, so that we could provide that support to other people who are in pain. If you're interested let's do it

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for updating your post. 

I'm almost twice your age and waiting to hear back about my biopsy. 

I'm pretty sure if I have cancer I have the same one as you. 

I'm on the fence about having treatment if I do. 

I know we all react differently to treatment but how did it go for you. 

I have already had skin cancer removed 10 months ago. I'm just tried of waiting and not knowing 

I hope you are well 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.