Cant find the light

STRUGGLING
Not applicable

Cant find the light

Hi Everyone, Not sure if I am in the right area but im just looking to find some people to talk to that are/have been in a similar position. I am 30 years old, work full time, play footy and thought I was pretty healthy. Until July this year I was diagnosed with Uterine cancer. Between July and the start of November I have had IVF treatment (froze my eggs) 2 D&C’s and the last surgery 10 days ago a full hysterectomy. I am struggling with everything that has happened and im just looking for someone to talk to. Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
evekey2000
New Contributor

Re: Cant find the light

Hi and blessings to you . I am a 68 year old survivor, was diagnosed when 30 years old had full hystorectomy at 32. then radiation, I was lucky that I had already had my son. but I am here to tell you to keep your chin up and live every day as happy as you possibly can, and take all the advise the docs give you and always ask the questions even if you think them silly, cancer is not a death sentence in this day and age. Stay positive eat well,sleep well,Keep well.
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Cant find the light

Hi Struggling, I've been in a similar situation as you, but not from cancer (I'm on this forum because my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma 3 years ago, when he was 39 and 1 was 35.) I was diagnosed as post menopausal when I was 17. It took me a long time to process the implications of that (especially as I had to grow up a bit first!), but now I can honestly say that I wouldn't have it any other way. Please feel free to pm me(or reply here of course) if you have any questions or comments about fertility issues/infertility/etc. Lots of love and supportive hugs, Emily
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.