Endometrial cancer but unremarkable uterine contours?

soho17
New Contributor

Endometrial cancer but unremarkable uterine contours?

Hi

I've recently been diagnosed with grade 1 endometrioid adenocarcinoma after having a D & C etc.  This week I had a CT scan to see if there was any evidence of spread and one of the findings on the report is a little confusing so wondered if anyone had any insight?

It says that 'The uterine contours appear unremarkable' and 'The known primary malignancy is difficult to define on CT'.

Can I have endometrial cancer which can't been seen on a CT scan?  Does that sound weird or is it normal?

thanks for your time 🙂

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer but unremarkable uterine contours?

Hi @soho17,

I hope you are well this morning.

There's always a chance that it may not be seen but there are so many variables such as the type and location of the tumour etc. Did you have an ultrasound along with the CT scan?

My best advice would be to speak with your oncologist and/or treatment team to explain the report better to you, but has anyone else had an experience like this that could help @soho17 out?

0 Kudos
soho17
New Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer but unremarkable uterine contours?

Hi Katekat

thanks for your message.  Hope you're well also.

I had an ultrasound earlier in the year which showed a couple of fibroids and a cyst on my ovary, but nothing to indicate cancer.  I've now read a few different things online from others who say that theirs didn't show up on CT scan either, so I gather it's not that unusual.

I'll definitely ask some questions about the report next week at the pre-admissions clinic.

thanks for your time 🙂

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.