Hi I'm new here

DG
Contributor

Hi I'm new here

Hello everyone, Like all of u I so dont want to belong here, but just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, its spread to the liver and lymph nodes, so i guess i do belong... I'm unbelievably scared........
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
bebop63
New Contributor

Re: Hi I'm new here

I'm new to this site too. I can understand your situation even though I had a different type of C and have undergone all the surgery and treatments. How are you doing - have you or are you undergoing chemo and radiotherapy?
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Hi Rose Im Debs Ive had one cycle of chemo, which consisted of an infusion and the 2 weeks of tablets but i got very ill taking the tablets I ended up in hospital severely dehydrated infections and ulceration throughout my stomach bowel etc Ive only been out of hospital a couple of days, I had a piccline put in 2 days ago and I have the next infusion next week how are u doing now ?
0 Kudos
ameliasykes
Occasional Contributor

Hi DG - I'm Amelia and am going through the same thing as you. I was diagnosed with bowel cancer about two months ago which has also spread to my liver. I had an operation to remove the tumour and have just started my first round of chemo. I hope all is not too daunting for you and you don't need to be scared.
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

hiya Amelia thanks for your reply, what exactly have u got and did they completely remove your tumor, how are you doing now
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

hi there. my late husband had terminal colon cancer at the age of 22! i was with him throughout the whole process so i know what to expect if youd like to ask me any questions... he had chemo, radiotherpay then four major surgeries for his bowel, lung and liver. Then it was more chemo, unfourtunatly his body couldnt handle it. I hope that you can overcome this horrible disease.. He started on an alkaline diet that i put him on along with the medical side. After a few weeks of the alkaline diet his tumors shrunk... then he gave up and went back to eating cookies and fast food! Still i believe diet can help. GOOD LUCK! XX
0 Kudos
Son1807
Occasional Contributor

Hi! I'm new too, and have the same as you, stage 4 colon cancer with mets in the liver, lymph nodes and looks like the ovaries/ pelvic area. I had two rounds of oxallyplatin with xeloda tablets at home. But now I've changed to Folfiri of which I had my first treatment yesterday. I'm tolerating this better even with my take home pump that I have to have connected for two days. I'm scared too. I have 3 kids who I want to see grow up but don't think I will as I've been told I cannot be cured. Has anyone got any stories or words of encouragement as I'd love to hear them
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

yeah I started with an infusion and then tablets for 2 weeks and 1 week off, I reacted very badly to the tablets and eneded up in hospital for 2 weeks, then they put a PICC line in and changed it to infusion and then a bottle for 46 hours at home, Ive unbelievably better so far since the change 🙂
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

yeah I started with an infusion and then tablets for 2 weeks and 1 week off, I reacted very badly to the tablets and ended up in hospital for 2 weeks, then they put a PICC line in and changed it to infusion and then a bottle for 46 hours at home, Ive unbelievably better so far since the change 🙂
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

yes its very scary and daunting and just f*king awful if im being honest!!! I am still in disbelief at times I've also been told i cannot be cured! we need to prove them all wrong and show them that we can survive ! I have 3 wonderful adult children and 3 gorgeous grandchildren I want to see grow up We need to be as positive as we can and fight this horrible disease, I have only just started looking at the internet trying to find stories of good outcomes etc I was too frightened before in case i found things i didnt want to see ... I wish u all the best and that a miracle happens for us all
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.