Hi Ive just been diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer Stage II

HelenBeee
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ive just been diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer Stage II

Tomorrow I get a Scan that will determine the grade whether it has spread outside the uterus to other parts. Im numbly terrified and feel suspended I dont know what to do next. And then there are the implications of covid and what impact that will have on me and my treatment/outcome. It is so scary to be diagnosed at this time when our hospitals and medical services and personnel are being ravaged by the threat of covid. But Im here and Im going to keep going forward because that is all one can do.

7 REPLIES 7
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Hi Ive just been diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer Stage II

Hi HelenBeee, so sorry you have cancer. I suppose you’ve had the scan and will get the results soon. It’s an anxious time waiting and yes, the covid situation just makes it worse. Whatever your diagnosis you will be looked after I’m sure. Sending you love and prayers 🙏💕 Linda G 

HelenBeee
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Linda

I had the scan and Im still waiting I guess they will ring me sometime today or tomorrow for an appointment at the clinic hopefully the clinic will still be open (one of my fears) I was told I had cancer over the phone and I dont cope so well with that method but at the same time if it helps in saving time Ill wear the anguish. Worse part for me is its like a prison sentence Every morning iI wake up its the first thing that comes into my mind "Ive got cancer" Its struggle to pull yourself up from that low point to some kind of functioning human whose been told to wait  essentially go on with your life  until we call you in for the next awful plot change (because you can only imagine the worst right?). Im also having to cope with family who are trying to figure out what their role is in all of this noone knows what they are supposed to be doing. But there is an angel in all of it my lovely sister who is a nurse and she lets me ring her whenever I need to (I dont though because she is a nurse and is coping with 2 of her kids with covid) I keep it to once a day and she calms and reassures me and explains things and has helped me not become a complete mess. Im so grateful for my sister at the moment. Im sure my husband will figure it out and be there when I truly need him and I do understand the absolute trauma of the thought of losing your partner. Im also really mad how we deal with death in our culture because we have made it out to be such a scary awful painful thing that when we are put in a position of facing it like having cancer the fear of it is just as debilitating as the cancer. Its like the cancer even if it cant physically invade our minds its found a way of invading it too. Society really needs to change how we view death I dont want my daughter having to face the fear of end the way Ive been conditioned to. Anyway ramblings of a newly diagnosed cancer person a mind that goes everywhere hey?🙃 Sorry Im directing it at you but I think you can see that Im just getting it out of my head in a safe place where others might understand these thoughts and feelings. So Ill wait get up now and make my husband a coffee (dont worry we take it in turns 😎) and see what the day brings. I came here to actually write down all the things Im grateful for today so Ill do that and then get up fight the mental fog (so awful had that for months now just didnt know it was the cancer causing it) take my beautiful doggie for a walk and try to get through the day.

THINGS IM GRATEFUL FOR TODAY

!. My wonderful sister

2. My loving family and friends

3. My dog and cat who have stayed close to me and given me such comfort.

4. My new mattress!

5. This service that is really helping me cope.

Thankyou Linda for replying to me it made me cry...I hope you are doing well and are well with your experience of cancer at least in a place of peace. Stay safe from the covid and again thanks it was a dose of good spirits to hear from you. All the Best 🙂

LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi HelenBeee, I used to write a list of what I was grateful for too! It’s so good to do because it makes you look at the simple things that you appreciate. That’s great your sister is so supportive. My husband was amazing during my diagnosis and treatment, he stayed with me every step of the way. And I found unexpected people just doing nice things for me. Every little gesture was helpful 💕. You can always talk to someone at the cancer council, they are really good. Hopefully once you have a plan for treatment your anxiety will lessen. Take care and continue to be real about your feelings 🙏💕LindaG 

HelenBeee
Occasional Contributor

Making a list is has helped me focus that is true on positives not the scary stuff. I had a terrible morning trying to work out what was happening appointment wise hard when youve never met the people that have performed procedures on you and you have foggy head and you cant remember things like their name! But the wonderfully professional Clinical Nurse on my surgery ward sorted out my issues and got permission to give me the good news that my latest CT scan came back with the all clear so as far as they can see by scan no secondaries yay! Ill take that and she worked out that I hadnt been progressed properly over to GYN/ONC and got my appoint organised thats in 2 weeks and gave me the names of my the Gyn Onc Doctors who will be in charge of my treatment and then told me who everyone was and their role in my procedure that I had last week. and made sure that I had written all the details down I am at peace I feel like things are moving forward and Im being managed properly. What a crazy week. Phew!
Youre right too about friends and family and Im a real advocate for accepting offers of help it not only has benefits for you but allows the people you love feel like they are helping you its horrible to feel helpless in this situation. Im so glad you had support sounds like your husband was awesome. So important to find that person husband/sibling/friend. :)) HelenBeee 🙂
0 Kudos
Sass85
Occasional Contributor

Im so sorry.

Sending hugs. This journey sucks.

LindaG
Regular Contributor

Wow HelenBeee, that’s all wonderful news for you. Sounds like you had the perfect nurse looking after you. I’ve had nothing but kindness during my treatment and now with the follow up docs. It’s so up and down with emotions and now you can relax a bit more. Yay about your scan showing no secondary cancer💕💕🙏 Linda G 

0 Kudos
HelenBeee
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sass65

absolutely agree Its horrendous but if nothing else has shown me that I can be resilient probably the worst week of my life (thus far Im sure there are going to be more challenges ahead) but I got through it, One thing at a time right? Thankyou for taking the time to reply to me Im sending you all the good vibes for your own experience. I hope its not too bad. xxx

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.