I have cancer

maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Re: I have cancer

Hi Linda G,
Thank you for your support. The pelvic MRI has concerned me. There be more involved than the initial diagnosis. My anxiety is high.

I just want this to be over.
Maveson2
Ker60
New Contributor

Hi there Hope things are going ok with you. I can relate to what you are saying with it all being a bit of a whirlwind. One minute you are going along fine,then life has changed so much with appointments and treatments. I have my bad days and get a bit sooky but better to let the pressure out, then regroup with a positive attitude. All the best, will keep on following your story xx Ker

0 Kudos
maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ker60,
I am still waiting for the pathology results. So far it has been a difficult experience for me. I had post-op complications. My RBC, Hemoglobin and Hemocrit were extremely low, as was my blood pressure. I had three blood transfusions. I am in pain and bruised. I just am anxious about the pathology report.
Thank you for your support.
maveson2
Occasional Contributor

The pathology results have come in. My surgeon called and went over it with me. Bottom line is that l have to undergo an aggressive protocol of radiation treatment. It will be five days a week for five weeks.
I will be meeting with the radiologist next week for a consultation.
I have to get through this some how.
0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi Maveson2, sorry you have to have more treatment. I know you will be well looked after by the nurses and docs. It’s hard and scary but you will  get through this. Hope you have good family and friends to stand with you at this time. Love and prayers to you 🙏💕 LindaG 

0 Kudos
maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your support, Linda G. I am anxious about the radiation treatment. I am trying to take things a day at a time.
Best regards,
maveson2
0 Kudos
Ker60
New Contributor

Hi again, Just saw your message. When do you start? I am 22 days in of 30 radiation treatments and so far have been very lucky and it has not knocked me round too much. Thinking of you, you can do this. Take care, Ker
0 Kudos
maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ker60,
I’m not sure when I start radiation treatment. I am waiting for a consult with the radiologist. Supposed to be this Wednesday, but I have been running a fever for the past week. Not Covid, but feel very sick. Thank you for sharing your experience with your radiation treatment. It gives me hope.
0 Kudos
ESha1990

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It must be a shock and will take a while to sink in. It's great you've come to a forum - lots of lovely people and good advice here. I do really recommend you reach out to loved ones too. It's a difficult conversation but the sooner it's said, the more support you'll receive and the better you'll cope. I found this blog super useful: https://www.percihealth.com/articles/what-you-really-need-to-know-after-being-diagnosed-with-cancer Some good tips to follow on what to do next when you can't think! Sending love.

0 Kudos
maveson2
Occasional Contributor

Hi ESha 1990,
Thank you for your recommendations for coping with cancer. Much appreciated.
maveson2
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.