Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer

MiracleSeeker
New Contributor

Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer

Hi, new to the cancer community. Diagnosed early April 2022 with metastatic pancreatic cancer at 46. Round 3 of chemo on Monday. Terrified but trying to stay strong for my 4 boys. Can't wrap my head around how I went from healthy working mum to fortnightly chemo mum. Seeking hope and reassurance from the wise all knowing cancer community 

4 REPLIES 4
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer

Hi MiracleSeeker, so sorry  about your diagnosis. Especially hard when you have 4 children! Most of us have gone from thinking we were healthy, to having a cancer diagnosis and then treatment which makes us feel so bad. I can remember all my anxiety last year when I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin’s lymphoma. It’s a stressful time. Hope and pray that you have a good medical team around you and also loving family and friends. That makes all the difference on this hard journey. Always ask for help when you are struggling. Sending you lots of prayers and love 🙏💕 Linda G

0 Kudos
MiracleSeeker
New Contributor

Thanks Linda G. Very kind of you to take the time to reply. Hope things are going well for you with your non Hodgkin's lymphoma. Best wishes
0 Kudos
Donotbeafraid
Occasional Contributor

Hi Miracleseeker,

I want to say that the disease does not define you; how you look does not define you. It is who you are, the inner you defines who you are.

Do not think about the disease or think about how terrible the situation is, think about healing, think in solutions. 

Miracles come from faith, build that faith and let people around you see that faith and inner strength radiate from you. Mums are tough, especially mum of 4 boys! 🙂 I am sure some time later when you look back, you will think, this is nothing, I can do it! 🙂

God be with you!

Be blessed,

Do not be afraid.

0 Kudos
MiracleSeeker
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your beautiful supportive message. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. 

Take care

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.