Mom diagnosed with lung cancer while I wait for my own appointment to examine swollen lymph nodes

Traci-Renee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mom diagnosed with lung cancer while I wait for my own appointment to examine swollen lymph node

Lolie, 

im so glad you have such amazing kids, and  undoubtably adore their mom.  I’m also glad your treatment is going well for you.  I’m praying everything continues to go smoothly for you and you go right into good health and much love.  Which sounds like you have all the love around you.  Know I am cheering you on and will continue to pray for you.  ❤️

Traci-Renee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mom diagnosed with lung cancer while I wait for my own appointment to examine swollen lymph node

Hi Lolie, wanted to check in with you, I hope you and your family are doing well.  Thinking of you

Traci-Rene’e

0 Kudos
Lolie
Contributor

I had a heap of complications after cycle 3, which landed me in hospital for 5 days.  Then I developed a DVT just for good measure.

Cycle 4 was uneventful and I'm due for cycle 5 at the end of the week.

My original treatment plan has been varied due to a combination on complications and the risk posed by covid-19.  I won't be having any further doses of methotrexate so I now only have 2 cycles of R-CHOP plus 2 doses of rituximab left to go.  I'm not too sure how I feel about the change as that's 4 doses of prophylactic methotrexate I will miss out on.

My kids and grandkids have managed to stay well to date.  My son and his wife cancelled their 6 week trip to Europe and are currently bunkered down on the Central Coast.

I'm limiting contact with my daughters as they both have jobs which involve contact with other people.  That's hard because we often used to go out and do things together and I'm now under strict instructions from my consultant to only leave the house to go to the hospital.  She doesn't even want me going to my GP.

I've planted a few things over the last week.  I don't normally grow anything over winter but I need to be getting outside for my sanity at this point.

Hope things are going OK in your world, Traci.

Traci-Renee
Frequent Contributor

hi Lolie,  well I’m glad to hear from you.  I totally understand  you having to  hunker down, with no visitors.  My husband doesn’t get it.  I mean he does but he’s done the 6 months chemo, finished Christmas and then his Hipec surgery in January.  He doesn’t know what stage he is, me and the kids do.  It is stage 4 😪.  He thinks he can go back to work, he works for the airlines.  I get he wants out of the house and feel like the man of the house, but I tell him you are more susceptible to the cornavirus like other people with health conditions.  Everything is harder with him not knowing everything about his Cancer.  I have to watch my wording.  He doesn’t want to know bc he says he might give up.  His cancer is dormant right now, we go for scans March 30 th and bloodwork and the dr is going to have a phone call with us on April 1st.  Which was our appointment date with her. But due to virus, she will be calling patients instead of seeing us in office.  Anyways my kids are still working but they come home and take a shower immediately.  Then I go in and bleach before next kid gets home.  Never a dull moment... please stay healthy and be careful.  ❤️ Thinking of you always 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.