New Member - coming to grips with gastric cancer

Joffaboy
Occasional Contributor

Re: New Member - coming to grips with gastric cancer

Hi Kathy, Started second cycle of chemo last Monday. Every third Monday they give me the E & the C. Its been a tiring but have returned to work part time. I am no longer needing to buy shampoo or shaving cream! Its managable as long as I have my nana naps! How are you going? Geoff
0 Kudos
Joffaboy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kathy, Started second cycle of chemo last Monday. Every third Monday they give me the E & the C. Its been a tiring but have returned to work part time. I am no longer needing to buy shampoo or shaving cream! Its managable as long as I have my nana naps! How are you going? Geoff
0 Kudos
Ros_
New Contributor

Hello joffaboy, I have oesophageal cancer, stage 4 and had ECF too. I Just want to say that it worked well for me, eradicating a met spread in my adrenal gland. It is tough chemo but effective. I love your name for the 5FU, bob. I've heard the FU being called something a lot ruder using it's initials. Being female, I had some nice bags to carry it around. I presume you have a port? I love my port, so convenient. Rest whenever you can , be very kind to yourself and I hope you enjoy your Christmas.
0 Kudos
Joffaboy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ros, Second cycle of chemo has been tougher but I guess I used my reserves up first round. Glad to hear its working well for you. Yes Bob works well with the kids but the initials sum up how it makes me feel. Have a good christmas. Geoff
0 Kudos
Joffaboy
Occasional Contributor

Nearing the end of my third cycle. So its off for a CT scan and hopefully it has not spread. Then its farewell to my stomach and then 3 more cycles. Nervous but will be happy to have it gone!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.