Pancreatic cancer

Anihcup
Occasional Contributor

Pancreatic cancer

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer less than a month ago. I’m scared. 

17 REPLIES 17
kj
Super Contributor

Re: Pancreatic cancer

Anihcup

I think all who are diagnosed with cancer are at sometime scared,you are not on your own with those feelings,Is there a chance of surgery for you

Anihcup
Occasional Contributor

No, not at the moment. The mass is close to an artery and it’s giving me pain, so they told they will use radio at first to burn a little bit of it for the pain to go away, and then chemo.

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Anihcup,

Everyone who is diagnosed with cancer is scared. Scared of the unknown. Scared of the future. Scared for their families.

Everyone will feel anxiety about the surgery, the treatment, scared and anxious about the future.

What differs is how we deal with it.

Some people will shut down and not communicate, some people will become extroverted and others might become aggressive for whatever reason.

Everyone will deal with it differently, but I can tell you that everyone who has had cancer is scared at some stage.

Just know that you are here with people who can appreciate the situation you are in.

The medical profession has made amazing progress in the treatment of cancer.

-sch

Anihcup
Occasional Contributor

Sch

thank you for your words. I know it’s a scary sickness. I want to stay positive, I try, but when the pain shows it is a situation or thought or feeling I can’t express. And the pain killers they give me, don’t really kill the pain.

i am anxiously  waiting for the doctors to tell me when they are going to start treating me.

kj
Super Contributor

Anihcup

I hope your radiation therapy begins soon and helps with your pain.the waiting for treatment to begin is very hard.

Anihcup
Occasional Contributor

Ok,

I think so, this wait is killing me.

Anihcup
Occasional Contributor

Today I’ve received an appointment for next Tuesday. I hope they decide when to start with whatever procedure. Time goes very slow.

BJO67
Contributor

Hi Anihcup

I am sending you love and hope

0 Kudos
Anihcup
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I really need it. Today I am going to an appointment with the oncologist, I hope he tells me definitely what they are going to do, chemo, radio, operation... I don’t know yet, and I hope this is definitely the day.

i pray to the Lord.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.