Post Lobectomy - Not enough information

Debbie1957
Occasional Contributor

Re: Post Lobectomy - Not enough information

Thank you so much.  Knowing I can at least get the CT scan this Friday is something but I pray to God it's not bad.  My thoughts keep drifting to Stage 4/no cure/only a month or so left of life.  Hell, I just retired June 1st with so many plans including my 3 yr old granddaughter and 2 wk old grandson.  I'm packing up years of clothes, blankets, etc. which I always wanted to do but never had the time.  In case this turns out awful, I don't want my husband and 3 daughters to have to do it.  Not a fun chore but it's keeping me busy for the moment.  How are you getting along?  It sounds like you are doing ok and I hope so.  I'm glad I found this site because I need someone's shoulder to cry on.  I just don't know how to tell my daughters and I know that when I talk to them, that they are going to hear something wrong in my voice.  My youngest who just had the baby has mild post partum depression and I don't want to burden her.  As much as I want to go see the baby, I'm not sure I can keep it together.  Please tell me more about your condition/treatment, etc.  I need hope.

0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hi Debbie. That’s good news that you’ve got the CT scan earlier. It’s better to know what’s going on and what your options are. I have 3 adult children and we told them straight away. We are so close that I wouldn’t have been able to keep it from them. Actually my husband told them and it was a devastating moment but their support was so necessary for me. I know as a mum we are the one’s who want to look after our kids and when it’s reversed it’s hard. Your girls love you and will just walk the journey with you. 🙏💕 Linda 

Debbie1957
Occasional Contributor

I know..I need to tell them.  It's just so hard to try to be strong. 

0 Kudos
Susana_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Hi Roher89,

You can find  more information about lung cancer, symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, and what to expect after surgery in the link below

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/lung-cancer/treatment/surgery/

kind regards

CCNSW

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.