Small cell cancer extreme

Irish8
New Contributor

Small cell cancer extreme

In June 2017 I was told iI have 12 months to live, this has taken the very core of my esteem out of me, I have a wife of 40 yrs and now I have to make sure she will be ok and have a roof over her head without rent, I have little money but am buying a house, I have to get it painted and sell it to downsize, I have organised my funeral, my family are estranged so it's only my wife and me, she care for me the best she can as I know her world has been turned upside down, does not talk about it but will make food and look after me, I am not disabled and cam walk do chores but I feel very depressed and just can't understand this very big nightmare which has darkened my door, I'm scared and just don't know what to do or who will care to talk to me, I am not after sympathy but just have some friends so I can share my problems with, I am very proud of my wife but I know she is devestated but I just don't know how to show support, everyday I feel like that I am living a total nightmare and just can't get it out of my mind, my life feel like I am on a slide downward and I just can't stop it.  I'm scared and very lost.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Susan_CCNSW
Occasional Contributor

Re: Small cell cancer extreme

Hi Irish8
I have sent you a private message.
Kind Regards

Susan
0 Kudos
Irish8
New Contributor

Thank you Susan

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi Irish8,  I'm very sorry to hear your wife is not talking to you about the cancer. I can understand she would be devastated. You have to look after yourself though & you need support. Get in touch with your palliative care nurse & she can put you in touch with a counsellor.  You have made a good move in joining this group as there are always people here who can offer advice & comfort, even if it is only through shared experiences.  Never give up.  I wish you all the best. 
Cheftrevor01
Occasional Contributor

Hi Irish8

i am exeactly where you are at at the moment. I have 6 months to live and my partner who is from Philippines flew over to be with me while i am sick and having palliative care. You can personal chat with us anytime you like as it seems we are both going through the same predicament just now.

god Bless.

chef trevor

0 Kudos
Irish8
New Contributor

Hi  Chef Trevor,

I am not having palliative care,

am going through the fifth cycle of chemo, I have never been to the Philippines, my name is David and my wife name is Sue, we live in Sydney, it will be nice to chat with you anytime, please tell me a little about yourself, I was a business man before I was told in June this year I had only up to 12 months, this news was catastrophic to Sue and myself, I am 60yrs old and had years of plans but now we both live a lonely quiet life.  It's hard to communicate with people when they hear that I have cancer they shy away. Chef Trevor I await your next message and hopefully this message finds you in relief so some quality of life can be yours to share with your partner. 

Your new friend 

David 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.