Testicular cancer

Dan74
New Contributor

Testicular cancer

Hello...so, I had Testicle removed 2 weeks ago. Then went to the surgeon 2 days ago after a ct scan, he said testicle was Seminoma positive but they can't see any spreading of the cancer. but its stage 2...as i am new to this i had virtually no questions and relied on him to point me in the right direction which was..."its your choice to either monitor and test every 3 months, or have chemo" I havn't got an Oncologist appointment yet but our own homework online is slightly conflicting to his diagnosis ( no disrespect intended) in regards to stage 1 or stage 2, so we are really scratching our heads at the moment and have the same revolving conversations that end no where....just wondering if anyone can shed some light maybe?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Dan74
New Contributor

Re: Testicular cancer

ok..that didnt work. i will try again.

have been diagnosed stage 2 testicular cancer by surgeon but yet to see oncologist.. and have only been able to get  basic info online so its all pretty raw and new... anyone else in the same boat?.. or have any experience to share on what the future might hold regarding treatment?... cheers

sch
Super Contributor

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to hear your diagnosis.

I hope you're doing OK.

The cancer council have some information online. I'm not sure if this is in addition to information that you've read already.

https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/testicular-cancer/

Do you have any surgery scheduled? Or still to find out?

-s

0 Kudos
Dan74
New Contributor

Cheers s.

yeah I should mention that the testicle has been removed, and after CT scans surgeon said stage 2, found out today I have Oncology app next Thursday....I am hoping the cancer was removed but surgeon told me Chemo is an option ..and that's the confusion, he never said " you will be having chemo"

'. the "Stage 2" part has thrown me as I now see there are 3 categories to stage 2 and it has spread to lymph nodes..so I might just have a relaxing weekend, have a few beers, go back to work and then see what next week brings as the wife and I just have the same conversation's about it and they end up going no where.

cheers again

sch
Super Contributor

Hi,

Sorry about my delayed response. It's been a busy week.

While it's never a good thing to be diagnosed with cancer, on a positive note, being diagnosed with stage 2 is better than being diagnosed with stage 3 or stage 4. 🙂

But yes, depending on the cancer there tends to be further catagories within stage 2.

When I saw the surgeon before I had surgery, they didn't know whether I was going to have chemo or not until after I'd had the surgery to know more.

How did your oncology appointment go?

Did you get more answers or do you need to wait a little longer?

-s

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.