What is the likelihood?

KirMuir

What is the likelihood?

Late last year my husband found a lump in breast so trotted off to the doctor which led to a mammogram plus scan and eventual draining of said lump, which I got told was just a cyst and I shouldn't be worried.  However it has returned, and even my husband has mentioned it quite a few times as it is very sore to the touch...... should I be worried and drag my dumb ass back to complain?

3 REPLIES 3
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: What is the likelihood?

Hi KirMuir,

Yes, you definitely should go back and get it checked again!  And if you're again told not to worry about it, I'd go to another doctor to get a second opinion just to make sure.  There is no harm in being extra careful.  I'd rather be sure when it comes to things like this.

Take care

Budgie

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Hi @KirMuir,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? Hoping all is well. 

0 Kudos
JenGlen
New Contributor

KM,

if you have a lump, cyst, or a harmless lipoma (a lump of fat), or something more scary, you have every right to have it investigated, and removed if that is the safe and medically indicated procedure -- or even if you just want it gone!

Have you had xray and/or ultra-sound?  Seems to me you need more informaton. for your own peace of mind

Keep looking for an ocology surgeon who will help you find out what it is.  Oncology - because s/he will know about every kind of lump that it might be.

Good hunting

JenGlen

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.