desmoplastic stroma in invasive ductal carcinoma IDC

bevvzy
Contributor

desmoplastic stroma in invasive ductal carcinoma IDC

I have just been diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma. I only found the lump a couple of weeks back and got the biopsy report today. I read a few things I couldnt understand and am hoping someone here can explain in easy terms. First the grading system. It was graded on Nottingham and says tubule 3/3 (not great I guess, as if I researched correctly that is the speed of growth) nuclear 2/3 (no idea) and mitotic counts 2/3, so a total of 7/9. It says that if the 4 cores are consistent with the entire mass, the grade is high???? I understand that has nothing to do with stage and as I await the surgeon on Friday, I am guessing that only shows after removal/mastectomy.  What is really throwing me is this wording though "demoplastic fibrous stoma". I looked that up and most articles were too scholarly to really understand, I did catch on though that this means the prognosis is poorer.Has anyone heard this term or know what it means?  The tumor is approximately 20mm.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
bevvzy
Contributor

Re: desmoplastic stroma in invasive ductal carcinoma IDC

that previous post should have read desmoplastic 🙂

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Hi @bevvzy, I just wanted to check in and make sure you're doing ok? Smiley Happy

bevvzy
Contributor

HI kate 🙂 i have already benefited so much from this site. I saw the surgeon for the first time yesterday and the  decision was a right mastectomy and auxillary nodes. The op will be on the 20th, so 3 weeks time eeeek.  Sometimes I feel a bit calmer knowing what and when it is happening next but then a minute later I may overreact to something really pathetic then cry because I am over reacting and feel guilty. bit crazy lol. silly things. like I often drop things and as a paraplegic I just use my pick up stick to grab them. yesterday I dropped a pen and started to get really angry etc.... always sleepy but I guess it helps the time pass! 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.