new to this

sunflower
Occasional Contributor

new to this

Hi I ma new to blogging and forums but i expect i will have a fair bit of time onmy hands as i have been diagnosed with breast cancer. It has not spread yet and i am having a masectomy in two days. I am not looking forward to the blue dye injection - any suggestions?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Re: new to this

welcome to the site Sunflower, unfortunately i cannot help you with the dye stuff as i am one of the H&Neckers , good luck as there is a lot of wisdom and experience in your area on this site and you will eventually get some answers. Go forward with a positive mind and you will make it and also feel good. Dave
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Hi Sunflower, The good thing with the blue dye injection is that it only hurts for a very very short time. I remember feeling panicked for a moment and then it was over. Best wishes for your surgery. Allicat
0 Kudos
sunflower
Occasional Contributor

thankyou for your lovely support. i read your message before I went to have the injections and it made me realise it was only one step on a long road - and i could get through it. I have so many postive comments and a phone call today from survivors i know now it is possible and it is ok to feel bad at times. Still got a smile!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.