Return of neuroendocrine cancer

LindaV
Occasional Contributor

Return of neuroendocrine cancer

I was diagnosed with neuroendocrine cancer 4 years ago. Had major surgery and six months of chemo. Eighteen months later I have been told the secondaries in my liver are active again. Twelve more chemo treatments. This time the chemo is affecting me very differently far worse than the first time around. Everyday is a huge effort ended up in hospital after treatment three with fibrile neutropenia. Really don’t know what is to come. 

3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Return of neuroendocrine cancer

Hi @LindaV

Sorry to hear you're not travelling too well with the chemo this time around. How are you doing this afternoon?

And a shoutout to anyone else lurking about that has had a rough time with chemo, can you help Linda out?

-Kate

Online Community Manager

0 Kudos
Raymond_Wang
Occasional Contributor

Hey @LindaV ,

I had a recurrence of brain cancer 4 years back, and I was given a high dose chemo due to possible metastasis in my spine. It was very painful and uncomfortable, and I had a few infections as a result of neutropenia during chemotherapy. However, the good news is, after the high dose chemo, I've been in remission since, with no sign of recurrence. I would say the best thing to do is to push through with the treatment as best as you can, and after the treatment, the chance of it recurring again would be very low.

Wish you all the best, and stay strong! 🙂

-Raymond

0 Kudos
LindaV
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your words Robert. Unfortunately chemo this time is not work   Chemo has knocked out receptor cells on cancer. Options know very limited none other than more chemo really. But with all the side effects this time I am not sure if I want more chemo. Already having blood transfusions but only one to go. Am currently seeking second opinion privately but expensive on a pension. 
I am so glad you are well enjoy every day. 
linda

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.