Finally graduated to the survivors forum.

Quijote
Contributor

Hi Guys, well I've finally made it to the survivors forum having languished in the general forums for quite a while. What a relief when the doctor finally gives you the all-clear. It nearly as over whelming as when you first get diagnosed. Anyway, it would be nice to keep in touch with so many of you.   thanks
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Merkel
Contributor

Hi Quijote, Welcome to the Survivors Club. Congratulations on finishing your marathon. It's the best news anyone could receive. I'm so pleased for you. Are you planning anymore holidays, now you have the green light. Were off to the Great Barrier Reef soon. Next year to Alaska. Being a survivor it makes you realise the important things in life. Best wishes for the future, Merkel
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations. Wishing you continued good health for the coming years.
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

Hi Merkel and Bev, Good to hear from you. I am the new facilitator for our online support community and I hope we are able to work together to continue making of this community a safe and supportive environment for all. Do you guys also post much on the other forums?. If you have any ideas on how to make this site more user friendly or how to improve it in any other way please do not hesitate to contact me directly on raulc@nswcc.org.au All the best, Raul
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

Hi Quijote, I am the new website coordinator. Just wanted to say it is great to hear your good news. It would also be great to continue having you around to share your experience and supporting other people that have had or are having similar experiences like you. Look forward to hearing more from you and stay in touch. Raul 
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

way to go!!!congratulations!sorry it's taken me so long but i just started working for the first time since i got sick. welcome to the survivors forum
0 Kudos
anniem
Cancer Council NSW

Hi Quijote, Congratulations for graduating to the survivors section. A great welcome to a new year. 2009 is going to be a good one I feel. Will look forward to hearing more from you, and thanks for sharing Cheers, anniem
0 Kudos
Quijote
Contributor

Survivorship... I read about it first in lance Armstrongs book and now I trully know what it means. Evry little cough, itch or rash could be something. Am I sweating too much etc etc. I know that I will get over it with time, but its a constant on my mind. Anyone else out there with the same?  
0 Kudos
jgillespie
Occasional Contributor

Those 'symptoms in my head' have never completely gone away, although as a survivor of 15 years they aren't present all the time.  Usually only around the time of my annual review with my oncologist - which I've just had this week.  Despite the fact that I feel fine, my mammogram and ultrasound were clear last week and after a breast exam last month my GP found nothing at all to worry about, I still woke up with a dry mouth and a pounding heart on Wednesday morning.  I didn't feel as though I could take a full breath until the oncologist said 'bye, Jane - same time next year'!One of the hardest things for cancer survivors to cope with is learning to live with uncertainty.  The truth is that life is uncertain, but as we've already had our mortality shoved in our faces we do need to find a way to stay in the moment as much as we possibly can.  Agonizing over the past or worrying about the future prevents us from living life with enjoyment.  Sometimes easier said than done I know, but it is possible.Jane
0 Kudos
Quijote
Contributor

Just a quick note to all bloggers.  Despite all the "symptoms" in my head, I have now passed a second CT scan with clean results. Now back playing sports and working FT. BTW, I've gone blonde just  for fun. would like to hear how others are doing. take care all.  
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.