Survival

kj
Super Contributor

Survival

Today is 8 year Anniversary of Whipple Surgery feeling good and fortunate.

4 REPLIES 4
RJG
Frequent Contributor

Re: Survival

Hi KJ,

Congratulations! It is great to hear some good news stories about the treatment protocols we might have to deal with some day. Was your situation caught early enough that there was no metastesis involved?

My one year anniversary of total gastrectomy was about a month ago. Early days for me still, but I can put it to the back of my mind and carry on with all the other pressures and pleasures that life brings to bear. Yesterday, I dealt with things by going to pat my cows and getting lots of licks from the calves - the benefits of living on a small farm.

Live long and prosper!

Rick

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Hi Rick

Thanks,after my surgery the surgeon came to me and said the cancer was in my nerves and spider  veins as well as my pancreas he could not get it all,

During chemo I was diagnosed terminal and had to stop the chemo as my body could not take anymore ,If I continued I would not live to see the end of my chemo regime and yet I am here, things happen that are unexplained,we are all different and where there is life there is hope.

Well done on your one year anniversary,you had a big surgery ,the bush is one of my passions,camping,fishing being with family ,friends and enjoying life,great to read of your passion for your animals they are a great source of enjoyment.

I also wish you the all the best and longevity.

kj

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Happy anniversary @kj Heart

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Thanks Kate

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.