peripheral neuropathy

Ianvs
Occasional Contributor

Re: peripheral neuropathy

Hi lollylaw Welcome to the "hot sandy beach walkers club " I just thought up this name as I read your post As the best way I explain what it feels like is walking on a hot sandy beach and the sand gets between your toes so it it burning more that just the souls of your feet . If you haven't walked on a hot sandy beach before its just like the peripheral neuropathy , only difference is we can't put on thongs / shoes to stop the pain and we will walk on this beach everyday all day . the only relief is sitting with your feet hanging in the air not touching anything . I had my three and a half year colonoscopy in November but had to wait a month to get the result , the day before Christmas and I was all clear but it was a very long wait . there was a mix up it the appointment times and I need to do a blood test as well as the colonoscopy . When i told the doc I was unhappy about the delay ( normally its 2 weeks and even that is s long 2 weeks ) he said he wasn't worried but he didn't have the cancer . So when you are feeling the pain the most , close your eyes and image you are walking on a hot sandy beach on an tropical island with a loverly sunset . it will not help but you will see us walking with you . Happy new year
0 Kudos
Ron50
Contributor

Hi Ian, Congrats on the clear scope. I had one in Nov ,only one small polyp. Ron.
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Hi fellow neuropathy bearers and colonoscopy folks! My 5 year scan was clear in October as well. So good to have continued good news. My neuropathy though is a different story. I like the hot sand analogy! Unfortunately even after 5 years I think I am stuck with the current level of irritation/pain for ever. I also occasionally have a degree of drop foot in my left foot. What gets me is the irony of when you do more exercise the numbness and the pain increases?! Anyway, while I am confined to comfortable shoes and often soft socks on hot nights (can't bear the pain of feet rubbing together)I am here to feel the discomfort. Sure better than the alternative I think! Might try the bamboo socks (mentioned in another post). Take care all, and think of the sand! (And have a giggle at the irony that it actually hurts too much to actually walk on sand for long!) S
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.