Alone with cancer

cemo-queen
Occasional Contributor

Alone with cancer

How do you deal with terminal cancer when you have nobody, no friends no family? My childhood sweetheart of 44 years has bailed. I can't blame him he did not sign up for this. So being new to the internet I thought I could find someone to talk to. Need a friend let's talk!

10 REPLIES 10
PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Re: Alone with cancer

Hi Alone Queen

Let's talk...

Subject #1 - What poison are the feeding you these days? Mine was Oxaliplatin and Capcetabine.

Subject #2 - Rugby or AFL?

cheers

Phil

cemo-queen
Occasional Contributor

Hello Pepper. Thanks for asking. Both of those poisons and many more. About ready to run out the different types they have to offer. I really did well with the effects of most of them except the pill form of capcetabine. So now I'm trying xeloda. Hope my hair wont fall out again. People tend to pity you when you wear cemo scarves. lol.  Subject #2 being a horse person I did not watch many sports on tv. I spent all my  time in my barn. I showed my horses and bred and raised race horses.  Standardbreds and quarter horses. My best friend was my dog Silver an Australian shepherd, she liked any kind of ball, mostly tennis balls. thanks again. Any time you want to talk I'm here!

MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

I hope your dog continues to provide you much hope and love 

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

I knew it! AFL!

Go for a Harley Davidson style scarf. If anyone gives you the pity look, you can give them a sinister greezy look, make there scared you'll kick their arse(s).

20200816_210252.jpg

This is my Sally. She's been helping me to cure my cancer. We have a pact. If I go first, she's going to howl at my funeral. If she goes first, I'm gonna howl at hers.

cheers

cemo-queen
Occasional Contributor

This is to all of you who have reached out to me. I can't believe how many big hearted people I've met already. Having someone to hear me whine helps. You all lifted my spirits so much so I thought I would try to reconnect with my family and be the bigger person and try to put aside all their drama and bulls*** but they won't answer my call's. It's their loss!  Sad thing is they took my mom from me who is 93 the whole reason I sold my farm to take care of her. I moved to a new city to be close to her that's why I have no friends. My mom was my best friend. I told her I would never put her in a home. My sisters, 1/2 sisters I should say didn't feel the same. They sold her house took her money and she has gone down hill ever since.  I'm afraid I will never see her again. I have to stay here because  of my cancer. I love my Dr. and my clinic Florida Cancer. I thought I was alone but I was wrong. I love this site, can't wait to check it out several times a day. It brought me out of my slump! Thank you so much Friends. 

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hey slump kicker,

Are you in Florida or does your clinic just have a clever name?

Being an AFL supporter, I assumed you came from Victoria, the home of Bad Covid19 behaviour. Not the USA, home of bad Covid 19 behaviour. I can brag. I'm allowed to travel to Queensland and South Australia now. Both of those states have a bad history, but at least they can shrug off any accusations that AFL are their fault. Rule number 1. If you know someone who likes AFL, they are probably from Victoria. They may have recently travelled to Victoria or been in close contact with someone from Victoria or spoken with someone from Victoria by email or Facebook. Being on cemo, best to avoid them, AFL fans probably all have Covid Cooties. Had it been known earlier that a little bit of Rugby love would have made them immune, they could have stayed healthy and enjoyed some real football. 

It is a good thing you can only put hearts on these posts. If there were cancer icon next to the heart icon so you can you don't like a post, I'm sure I'd be dead by the end of the day. Death by emoticon.

0 Kudos
RJG
Frequent Contributor

Hey @PhilPepper ,

You live in NSW now. Qld is still off limits to us. I am still denied visitation rights to my grandkids. Thank goodness for Skype.

To @cemo-queen,

Following my treatment, I started to reach out to long lost friends. Some welcomed me, while others didn’t respond at all to my multiple attempts. I tried reaching out both for my own desire to be remembered, but also to warn them about the tragedy that can come from ignoring the subtle messages that your body sends  through to your consciousness. Messages that need to be listened to and acted on before it is all too late. 
I shared my story with anyone who would listen. This did trigger some to get symptoms checked out.

But in the end “you can lead a horse to water, but can’t make it drink“.

This hasn’t really addressed the points from your original post, but be assured that people here will listen and be your companion through this unpleasant journey called canc er.

Big hugs to you,

Rick

Irishlad
Occasional Visitor

Hi am 42 years old and have been batteling extream nodulour melanoma stagexcision 3. I was diagnosed with having  it 14 weeks ago .so I went to the surgeons were they told me that the surgeons  are the best in there field. So needless to say that gave me some hope . I went for  surgery took 2.5 hrs and whilst we were right in the middle the surgeons stopped one said shit.as clear as day I asked what is going on here replied 

The tumour  is to big .is can't get it out  he left and another surgeon sowed me up in was put into an ambulance drove 356 miles to the next county to a plastic surgen. Who fixed me up. Want to hear the rest please pm me 

cemo-queen
Occasional Contributor

Hay Irishlad. You always have to have hope. You've had a rough go of a start. It can only get better after all you have been through. Sounds like you have a guardian angle looking after you! I know you will meet a lot of angels in this online community. I would love to hear more of your story. Please tell me anything you need to get off your chest. Talking to others has really helped me. There are a lot of people here who will understand what you are going through.  Hang in there!                                        cemo-queen

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.