Forgotten Cancers

Kathyhtak
Contributor

Re: Forgotten Cancers

Hi Felix Thanks for the link, I had not previously seen that article - very informative. kathyhtak
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I missed the programme too . I just skimmed through the articles via the link posted by Felix . I took part in the Forgotten Cancers Project too . I have a head and neck cancer ,a rare cancer called Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma . About 75 people are diagnosed with this cancer annually in Australia .I cannot say what the mortality rate is because when people die from this it may only be recorded as a death from cancer or some complication of having had it . There is no code for it to be placed on a death certificate . I was able to get my information from the Cancer Registry of Australia . Some research from the USA recently publicised shows promise of a future cure as it identifies three groups of patients . This will lead to the search to find chemo regimes which do not exist at present . All moneys towards this reasearch are donated as there is no government funding for ACC . Forgotten cancers are a world wide problem .
0 Kudos
Kathyhtak
Contributor

Hi Silly, Thanks for your response - I was interested to read about your rare cancer, ACC is one I had not heard of before. I wish you all the very best. : ) kathyhtak
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Thanks for your good wishes . I'm going well .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.